Sometimes I always daydream. I find I rarely daydream about what was or what is. Most of my good daydreams are about what will or could or should be but isn't or isn't yet. I should also add that I catch myself daydreaming all the time. Catching yourself daydreaming is kinda like waking up in the middle of a sleep dream. Sometimes it is hard to hang on to the dreams that once lingered.
I love to play guitar. I catch myself daydreaming about playing the guitar fairly often. A lot of times when I play guitar its pretty boring stuff; the minor pentatonic; minor and major scales; try some sweeps...nope still can't sweep. But in my daydreams, hang on! The daydream is about playing the solo that makes them weep, about getting the crowd going in the pit. Owning the day.
Today I daydreamed about being married. She's beautiful. She's not a daydream. We were in Hawaii. It can be difficult to hold an idea in your head of a place you've never visited. I think we were on the beach, they all look the same anyways. I've been to one beach.
I always struggle to hold onto the details. I've always favored the big picture. I'm a big picture kind of guy. That's celebrated in some cultures.
When I'm not daydreaming about vague places and events with specific people I often find myself engaged in inner dialogue with myself. I don't talk to myself, thats different. It's more of a daydream than anything else really.
I found myself inner dialogging tonight at dinner. The topic of computers came up briefly. I know a little bit about computers, which I quickly told myself.
"I know about computers."
"No You don't."
"A little bit though, don't I?"
"No, not that much really. Besides, they aren't all that interested in computers. They're interested in letting each other know how much they know about computers."
"Oh. Yeah, I can see that."
Reminds me of a guy that I'm sure inner dialogged with himself quite a bit.
A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind. - Proverbs 18.2
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment